The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers a number of courses that include material related to Iceland, including its literature, culture, and history. From time to time instruction in both Modern Icelandic and Old Icelandic (Old Norse) is also provided.
We don't currently have information on upcoming courses.
We haven't posted any publications or projects related to this area.
All content tagged with this term:
- In Memoriam: Patricia L.Conroy (1941 - 2012)
- Marianne Stecher invited Keynote Speaker for AASSC at Congress 2015 for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa, June 2nd.
- PÉTUR VALSSON NAMED NADIA CHRISTENSEN SCHOLAR
- Recent Nordic Literature in the News
- Stephen Walton’s Journey to SASS: Sometimes It Just Takes a Little Longer
- The Association for Advancement of Scandinavian Studies in Canada Announces its Annual CALL FOR PAPERS
- The Patricia L. Conroy Endowment Fund for Old Icelandic, Old Norse and Faroese Studies
|Icelandic Band to Bring Beautiful Music to the Nordic Heritage Museum||Jul 23||7:00pm||Nordic Heritage Museum|
“Problems in Mythological Reconstruction: Thor, Thrym, and the Story of the Hammer over the Course of Time”
Professor Aurelijus Vijūnas
|Jun 9||9:00am to 11:10am||Raitt Hall 314|
The Patricia L. Conroy Memorial Lecture: Wise Women, Witches and Giantesses
Jóhanna Katrin Friðriksdottir
|May 21||12:30pm to 1:20pm||301 Gowen Hall|
Changes in the Arctic: Old and New Debates
|Oct 17||3:30pm to 5:00pm||PCAR 192|
|Blueberry Soup: A Documentary About Rewriting the Icelandic Constitution||Oct 9||5:00pm||William H. Gates Hall, Room 127|
Iceland & Latvia: The Financial and Human Crisis
|Jun 10||7:00pm||Nordic Heritage Museum|
Carol J. Clover Lecture on “The Most Amazing Thing About Gísla Saga"
Carol J. Clover, Emeritus Professor of Rhetoric/Film & Scandinavian Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley
|Jan 22||4:00pm||Yukon Pacific Room, University of Washington Club|
|Nordic Cool 2013 (February 19th - March 17th) at the Kennedy Center, Washington DC.||Mar 2 to Mar 4||The Kennedy Center|
|Bad Art Makes Good - Adventures in Thinking and Making||Feb 7||6:00pm to 9:00pm||Nordic Heritage Musuem|
|Vikings Invade Ballard!||Aug 18||9:00am||Nordic Heritage Museum (in Ballard)|