The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers both an undergraduate major and a minor in Swedish, as well as opportunities for students to continue their study of Swedish language, literature, culture, and society on the graduate level while working toward the M.A. and the Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. A broad array of courses are offered, including a four-year program in language and literature, as well as specialized courses on such writers as August Strindberg. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Swedish as their language of emphasis.
All content tagged with this term:
- ASF Translation Prize to Paul Norlen
- Barbro Osher Endowed Professorship in Swedish Studies infused with an additional most generous gift of $250,000
- Barbro Osher ProSuecia Foundation upgrades Professorship in Swedish to an Endowed Chair in Swedish Studies
- Christine Ingebritsen in TIME Magazine
- Congratulations to Britt Lewis
- Congratulations to Kim Kraft who earned her MA in Scandinavian Studies in June of 2013. She just landed a job in international education.
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden visits Scandinavian Studies
- From AIDS Crisis to Assimilation: Representations of Male Homosexuality in Swedish Literature
- Gavel Adams Appointed Osher Professor
- Globalization and Migration: Program Theme 2013
- Graduate Student Liina-Ly Roos Published in Baltic Screen Media Review
- Helena Forsås-Scott 1945–2015
- Lucia Celebration
- Marianne Stecher invited Keynote Speaker for AASSC at Congress 2015 for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa, June 2nd.
- Mikael Steene, (January 18, 1962 - May 3, 2015)
- Mimi Nielsen Awarded Fellowship
- New Course: SCAND 462 A- Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen) & Modern Nordic Women: Public Intellectuals, Pundits, and Writers
- New Course: Swedish Literary and Cultural History - SCAND 490 B
- New Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies, Ralitsa Lazarova
- Recent Nordic Literature in the News
- ROYAL SWEDISH ACADEMY HONORS PROFESSOR ANN-CHARLOTTE GAVEL ADAMS
- SAGA Sustainability Trainee Program in Sweden for Americans-Application Deadline July 14.
- SCC Auction Raises Funds for Swedish Scholarship
- Students and Faculty Attend Swedish Club's Annual Event
- SWEA Auction Raises Funds for Swedish Studies
- Swedish Cultural Center Fundraiser Secures Funds for Scholarships
- Swedish Program Receives Top International Honors
- The Association for Advancement of Scandinavian Studies in Canada Announces its Annual CALL FOR PAPERS
- UW Swedish Club Reinvigorated