The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers both an undergraduate major and a minor in Danish, as well as opportunities for students to continue their study of Danish language, literature, culture, and society on the graduate level while working toward the M.A. and the Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. A broad array of courses are offered, including a four-year program in language and literature, as well as a survey of Danish literary and cultural history and specialized courses on such writers as Hans Christian Andersen and Karen Blixen. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Danish as their language of emphasis.
All content tagged with this term:
- "Four Mariannes" Celebrated Together at the Annual BOGFORUM (Book Fair) in Copenhagen Nov. 8th
- Congratulations to Kevin Jenson!
- DANA (Danish Academic Network in America) Launches its New Website and Membership Drive.
- Danish Ambassador Peter Taksøe-Jensen Visits Seattle's Danish Community
- Danish Language Course
- Danish major Sean Hughes wins Goldwater Scholarship
- Danish Modern Design Comes to the Nordic Heritage Museum in May
- Danish Press Praise Mark Mussari's Translation
- Faculty and Grad Students Contribute to New Book on Hans Christian Andersen
- Fall 2009 Scan|Design Fellows
- Gytel Scholarships for Study in Denmark-Deadline May 1st
- Lecture by Lasse Horne Kjældgaard
- Marianne Stecher Explores the Essays of Karen Blixen in New Book
- Marianne Stecher invited Keynote Speaker for AASSC at Congress 2015 for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa, June 2nd.
- New book on Karen Blixen
- New Danish Cultural Frontrunners Newsletter
- New Mayor of Lynnwood is Danish Alumnus
- New Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies, Kirstine Kastbjerg
- Ph.D. Candidate Melissa Lucas Defends Dissertation
- POLITIKEN awards a five-heart review to book on Blixen by UW Professor of Scandinavian Studies
- President’s Medalist Mitchell Krawczyk studies Danish, Drama, and Neuroscience
- Queen Margrethe II of Denmark's Birthday Celebration at the Nothwest Danish Association's Harmony Hall
- Recent Nordic Literature in the News
- Scandinavian Studies at the UW Study Abroad Fair
- Scan|Design Foundation Presents Generous Gift to Department
- Stecher-Hansen Appointed Scan|Design Professor
- The Association for Advancement of Scandinavian Studies in Canada Announces its Annual CALL FOR PAPERS
- UW Grad Advises Danish Government
- UW Gudrun Gytel Scholarship recipient Chris Nelson to start graduate studies in Denmark this fall!
- UW Students and Faculty Celebrate 74th Birthday of H.M. Queen Margrethe II with Danish Community
- Nordic Cultural Festival at the Kennedy Center is in the news!