Norwegian short prose and poetry, Olav H. Hauge, translation, Contemporary Women Writers
Norwegian language, Scandinavian literature, Contemporary Women Writers
Publications include book translations and articles, with eight articles and bibliographies on Norwegian Women writers appearing in Dictionary of Continental Women Writers, Garland Publishing, 1994. I have translated articles, short fiction and poetry for The Norsman, News from the Top of the World, Norwegian Literature Today, Scandinavian Women Writers: An Anthology from the 1880s to 1990s, 20 Contemporary Norwegian Poets, Contemporary Norwegian Writing by Women, and book reviews have appeared in Scandinavica, Edda , and New Comparison: Journal of General and Comparative Literature.
- Ia Dübois. Katherine Hanson, eds. Echo: Scandinavian Stories About Girls. Seattle: Women in Translation, 2000.
- Katherine Jane Hanson, Nancy Sipe, and Barbara Wilson, trans. Cecilie Høigard and Liv Finstad's Backstreets: Prostitution, Money and Love. Penn State Press: 1992.
- Katherine Jane Hanson, Judith Messick, trans. Amalie Skram's Under Observation. Seattle: Seal Press, 1992.
- Katherine Jane Hanson, Judith Messick, trans. Amalie Skram's Constance Ring. Seattle: Seal Press, 1988.
- Katherine Jane Hanson, ed. and trans. An Everyday Story: Norwegian Women's Fiction. Seattle: Seal Press, 1984. Revised and expanded, 1995.
- Katherine Jane Hanson. "Nature and Imagery in Olav H. Hauge's Poetry." Diss., 1978.
- Affiliate Associate Professor Katherine Hanson Honored with Anvil Award - September 21, 2021
- Faculty Spotlight - September 13, 2014