The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers a number of courses that include material related to Iceland, including its literature, culture, and history. From time to time instruction in both Modern Icelandic and Old Icelandic (Old Norse) is also provided.
- Faculty Publication (May 18, 2022)
- Marianne Stecher invited Keynote Speaker for AASSC at Congress 2015 for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa, June 2nd. (June 8, 2015)
- PÉTUR VALSSON RECEIVES NADIA CHRISTENSEN AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN NORDIC STUDIES (January 26, 2015)
- The Association for Advancement of Scandinavian Studies in Canada Announces its Annual CALL FOR PAPERS (October 21, 2014)
- Recent Nordic Literature in the News (March 13, 2013)
- Milek, Karen, Davide Zori, Colin Connors, Waltraud Baier, Kate Baker, and Jesse Byock. 2014. "Interpreting Social Space and Social Status in the Viking-Age House at Hrísbrú Using Integrated Geoarchaeological and Microrefuse Analyses." In Viking-Age Archaeology in Iceland: the Mosfell Archaeological Project, ed. Davide Zori and Jesse Byock, pp. 143-62. Turnhout: Brepols.