The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers both an undergraduate major and a minor in Norwegian, as well as opportunities for students to continue their study of Norwegian language, literature, culture, and society on the graduate level while working toward the M.A. and the Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. A broad array of courses are offered, including a four-year program in language and literature, as well as a survey of Norwegian literary and cultural history and specialized courses on such writers as Henrik Ibsen and Knut Hamsun. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Norwegian as their language of emphasis.
- Norwegian Retreat (May 20, 2022)
- Faculty Publication (May 18, 2022)
- Affiliate Associate Professor Katherine Hanson Honored with Anvil Award (September 21, 2021)
- Camille Witbeck Receives Nadia Christensen Award for Excellence in Nordic Study, 2020-2021 (December 16, 2020)
- 2019 Letter From the Chair (December 13, 2019)