You are here
The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers both an undergraduate major and a minor in Norwegian, as well as opportunities for students to continue their study of Norwegian language, literature, culture, and society on the graduate level while working toward the M.A. and the Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. A broad array of courses are offered, including a four-year program in language and literature, as well as a survey of Norwegian literary and cultural history and specialized courses on such writers as Henrik Ibsen and Knut Hamsun. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Norwegian as their language of emphasis.
- 2019 Letter From the Chair (December 13, 2019)
- Get to know our new Norwegian instructor, Andy Meyer! (December 9, 2019)
- Melissa Gjellstad - M.A., 2000, Ph.D., 2004 (October 2, 2019)
- Sons of Norway Foundation Scholarships (December 27, 2018)
- Olivia Gunn's research on Den Store Barnedåpen and The Alberta Trilogy (November 2, 2017)