As part of its Baltic Studies program, the Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers two years of classroom instruction in Estonian as well as an opportunity for continued independent study of the language. A broad array of courses related to Estonia and the Baltic are also offered. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Estonian as their language of emphasis, and Estonian may also be a focus of those who do graduate work leading to the M.A. and Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies.
- 2019 Letter From the Chair (December 13, 2019)
- Baltic Studies Program celebrates 25th Anniversary (December 11, 2019)
- 30 years later, the human chain that 'unshackled' the Baltic nations still matters (August 23, 2019)
- Hanna-Ilona Härmävaara Wins Kotikielen Seura Article Prize (April 11, 2018)
- Liina-Ly Roos Awarded Nadia Christensen Award for Excellence in Nordic Studies (May 12, 2016)