You are here
As part of its Baltic Studies program, the Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers two years of classroom instruction in Estonian as well as an opportunity for continued independent study of the language. A broad array of courses related to Estonia and the Baltic are also offered. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Estonian as their language of emphasis, and Estonian may also be a focus of those who do graduate work leading to the M.A. and Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies.
- Liina-Ly Roos Awarded Nadia Christensen Award for Excellence in Nordic Studies (May 12, 2016)
- Estonian Independence and Song Festival Celebration (March 19, 2016)
- Estonian Choir Performs in Celebration of Veljo Tormis' 85th Birthday (August 13, 2015)
- Sofia Oksanen: ‘We know about British colonialism. Russian colonialism is not well known.’ (April 21, 2015)
- Alumna Mall Pesti Publishes a Book of Estonian Childrens’ Poems in English (March 18, 2015)