As part of its Baltic Studies program, the Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers two years of classroom instruction in Latvian as well as an opportunity for continued independent study of the language. A broad array of courses related to Latvia and the Baltic are also offered including a survey of Latvian literary and cultural history. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Latvian as their language of emphasis, and Latvian may also be a focus of those who do graduate work leading to the M.A. and Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies.
- Solvita Burr publishes new book Ceļvedis pilsētu tekstu izpētē (A Guide to Exploring City Texts) (January 24, 2021)
- Baltic Studies Program celebrates 25th Anniversary (December 11, 2019)
- Tija Iles - B.A. & Minor, 2016 (October 2, 2019)
- 30 years later, the human chain that 'unshackled' the Baltic nations still matters (August 23, 2019)
- Latvian Folk Band “Vilkači” Visits UW (October 17, 2018)