As part of its Baltic Studies program, the Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers two years of classroom instruction in Latvian as well as an opportunity for continued independent study of the language. A broad array of courses related to Latvia and the Baltic are also offered including a survey of Latvian literary and cultural history. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Latvian as their language of emphasis, and Latvian may also be a focus of those who do graduate work leading to the M.A. and Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies.
Faculty in This Area
We don't currently have information on upcoming courses.
All content tagged with this term:
- 2014 Baltic Studies St. Martin's Fundraiser
- Guntis Šmidchens Interview in The Daily
- Guntis Šmidchens' New Book Explores "The Singing Revolution"
- Latvian President Visits
- Latvian Translation Competion- "Found in Translation-Rainis and Aspazija"
- NATO Specialist Discusses Military Preparedness in the Baltic
- Professor Smidchens Honored by Latvian Government
- The Baltic in the 21st Century on UW TV