As part of its Baltic Studies program, the Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers two years of classroom instruction in Lithuanian as well as an opportunity for continued independent study of the language. A broad array of courses related to Lithuania and the Baltic are also offered. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Lithuanian as their language of emphasis, and Lithuanian may also be a focus of those who do graduate work leading to the M.A. and Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies.
- 2019 Letter From the Chair (December 13, 2019)
- Baltic Studies Program celebrates 25th Anniversary (December 11, 2019)
- Learn about our new Lithuanian instructor, Eglė Vaisėtaitė! (December 10, 2019)
- 30 years later, the human chain that 'unshackled' the Baltic nations still matters (August 23, 2019)
- Visiting University Prep Highschool Students (February 17, 2016)