As part of its Baltic Studies program, the Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers two years of classroom instruction in Lithuanian as well as an opportunity for continued independent study of the language. A broad array of courses related to Lithuania and the Baltic are also offered. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Lituanian as their language of emphasis, and Lithuanian may also be a focus of those who do graduate work leading to the M.A. and Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies.
Faculty in This Area
We don't currently have information on upcoming courses.
All content tagged with this term:
- 2014 Baltic Studies St. Martin's Fundraiser
- Faculty Spotlight
- Guntis Šmidchens Interview in The Daily
- Guntis Šmidchens' New Book Explores "The Singing Revolution"
- NATO Specialist Discusses Military Preparedness in the Baltic
- New Course: Introduction to LITHUANIAN Cultural and Literary History
- The Baltic in the 21st Century on UW TV
- Visiting University Prep Highschool Students