You are here
The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers both an undergraduate major and a minor in Finnish, as well as opportunities for students to continue their study of Finnish language, literature, culture, and society on the graduate level while working toward the M.A. and the Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. A broad array of courses are offered, including a four-year program in language and literature, as well as a survey of Finnish literary and cultural history and specialized courses on such topics as the Kalevala. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Finnish as their language of emphasis.
Finnish Program History Why Study Finnish? Support Finnish Studies Finnish Organizations and Links Books about Finland
- Faculty Publication (May 18, 2022)
- 2019 Letter From the Chair (December 13, 2019)
- Get to know our new FLTA Kaija Kauppinen! (December 9, 2019)
- Jan Store - A New Future for Europe lecture (December 5, 2019)
- Prof. Andrew Nestingen awarded Finnish knighthood (December 3, 2019)