You are here
The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers both an undergraduate major and a minor in Swedish, as well as opportunities for students to continue their study of Swedish language, literature, culture, and society on the graduate level while working toward the M.A. and the Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. A broad array of courses are offered, including a four-year program in language and literature, as well as specialized courses on such writers as August Strindberg. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Swedish as their language of emphasis.
- Alum Focus, Alison Johnston: Seattle, Stockholm, London, Corvallis (May 11, 2016)
- Reading Scand Guilt in Contemporary Poetry (April 18, 2016)
- Swedish Ambassador Björn Lyrvall on Sweden in a Changing Europe (April 6, 2016)
- Professor Lotta Gavel Adams on Forbidden Publication (March 9, 2016)
- Sweden and the Holocaust in the films of Roy Andersson (February 9, 2016)