The Department of Scandinavian Studies at the University of Washington offers both an undergraduate major and a minor in Swedish, as well as opportunities for students to continue their study of Swedish language, literature, culture, and society on the graduate level while working toward the M.A. and the Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies. A broad array of courses are offered, including a four-year program in language and literature, as well as specialized courses on such writers as August Strindberg. Students majoring in Scandinavian Area Studies may select Swedish as their language of emphasis.
- Faculty Publication (May 18, 2022)
- 2019 Letter From the Chair (December 13, 2019)
- UW names population health building after Swedish physician and ‘very serious possibilist’ Hans Rosling (October 11, 2019)
- Randall S. Johnson - B.A., 1983 (October 2, 2019)
- Alum Focus, Alison Johnston: Seattle, Stockholm, London, Corvallis (May 11, 2016)